Wednesday 13 July 2011

when is it on?

The one thing that bugs the hell out of me is all this great motor-sport from all around the world and we have no chance to watch it live! We first hear about from news feeds via social media.

How are we suppose to get excited and become fans of these series if we have no way of watching it, we have to wait for some crap highlight show, where the presenter knows nothing about it (I won't name any names).

I for example am a massive fan of the V8 supercars, we have to wait a week to see re-runs of the races via motors TV (I'm grateful they show it at all) but by that time my twitter feed has ruined the results and I find it hard to be on the edge of my seat, ignore Twitter for a week no chance! V8 supercars will only allow Australian's to access a live broadband feed to I can't watch that either! Looks like we have to wait for the only live race-Bathurst.

Some series are catching on though, for example, the FIA GT1 World championship show a free live feed via there website, which includes all practice and race sessions. I fully recommend watching it.

I wished they could show a live feed to any country that has no TV rights or make a live feed available for a couple of quid, in an itunes stylie. I'd love to see things like the DTM, British GT among hundreds more.....

Get motor-sport to the fans and you'll benefit in the long run, plus if your being viewed, you'll get sponsored.......... Just let us see it LIVE for god sake!

1 comment:

  1. Strange to be thinking of such things in the shower jimmyb:) I totally agree I actually think the FIA should have a channel for all FIA sanctioned series. It would nt need to be pay per view or anything like that as "in programme" advertising would generate a good revenue stream for them. I'm sure if the world governing body was to do something then many smaller non-FIA sanctioned series would follow suit.
    If they're looking to set up a "working group" to see about viability I'm volunteering NOW:)

    ReplyDelete