Thursday 25 April 2013

Audi v Toyota v Rebellion, Silverstone Speed Traps


I haven't blogged for quite a while as some of you may know, but I'm going to give you all a little flavour of the direction I'm hoping to turn my blog into.

My opening example is the data from Silverstone speed traps from the first round of the FIA World Endurance Championship. I have pitched the top 10 speeds recorded by the #1 Audi, #8 Toyota and #12 Rebellion.

 photo AudivToyotavRebelliontopspeeds.jpg

You'll notice straightaway that the #8 Toyota has the slowest recorded speed in all 10 laps, I was originally surprised by this too. The obvious reason for this is down to the setup route Toyota chose with their cars for Silverstone, preferring a complete high downforce setup.

Rebellion on the other hand are a lot closer to Audi in terms of top speed than I anticipated, even with the recently installed aero upgrade. This explains, to a degree why Rebellion at the start of the Silverstone race were chasing the #7 Toyota of Alex Wurz.

Audi on the other-hand were the class of the field as you would expect with their latest 2013 spec E-tron Quattro. Recording a top speed of 272Kph (169Mph).

With the recently announced debut for the Audi E-Tron Quattro Long tail that will compete at the second race of the season, joined by the latest Toyota and possably a slippery version of the Rebellion. Spa already shows signs of a classic and you can rest assured I will trawl through the data.

All your comments and feedback are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment